Monday, March 26, 2012

tough year for baseball on Matt's mind

This is the least excited I've been about baseball leading up to opening day in a long long time.  I've even cancelled my mlb.tv subscription this year!

Honestly, I'm going to chalk it up to my mets having such a abysmal offseason and bleak future.  I don't blame Sandy Alderson for this at all. He hasn't had much to work with.  Hopefully, now that the Madoff stuff is settled, there will be a clearer future in place.  Even if they're not winning next year, as long as a clear vision is in place, I think I can be excited and root for the Mets as I have in the past.  However, in its current state, I'm being taken over with apathy.  I guess my fantasy team will keep my focus mlb a bit this season, but it's my attention because of a hobby, not my attention because I'm a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment